Department of Neurology & Neurosurgery
The Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations for stroke prevention were updated at the end of 2017. Participants will receive a comprehensive review of these new guidelines through interactive case presentations. Come test your knowledge!
1. Realise the time frame that investigations should be done following minor stroke or TIA
2. Understand the role of dual antiplatelets following minor stroke or TIA
3. Be aware of the criteria required for Patent Foramen Ovale closure
4. Effectively manage lipids in the setting of ischemic stroke.
5. Understand the effect of delay to Cartoid endarterectomy and its clinical implications